The Collections of the Sinebrychoff Art Museum
The second floor of the museum is closed and will reopen on November 27, 2021.
These days, the museum collections include about twenty different art collections, the oldest of which was collected by Baron Otto Wilhelm Klinckowström (1778‒1850) and the newest consists of the older pieces of the collection of Ester and Jalo Sihtola. The collections give us a glimpse of the life of private collectors. Many collectors have wished to donate their life work to the people of Finland in order to contribute to the story of the history of art and to allow future generations to enjoy these works.
Research in the Sinebrychoff Art Museum
Research carried out in the museum is primarily concerned with own collections of the museum but we also promote research into old art more widely.
Conservation of works of art creates new information that is needed to support more in-depth research into the history of art. The research results reach the wider public and international experts through exhibition publications. Research creates networks of experts and results of studies can be presented in exhibitions in an interesting way.
As the holder of the most important collection of old art in Finland, the museum bears a special responsibility to support research into old art in universities and to improve accessibility of the collections.
Art Collections Online
Browse, search for and find information about the works, artists and collections of the Sinebrychoff Art Museum.
Lähteillä-website is in Finnish only. The website presents selected materials and their background information from the Archive Collection and the Library. The materials include various documents, photographs, press cuttings, publications and other records.
The database contains reference information on the Document Archive. The service is only provided in Finnish.
PAUL SINEBRYCHOFF'S LETTER ARCHIVE
The Paul Sinebrychoff’s letter archive website is provided in Finnish and Swedish only. The letter archive consists of letters written in 1895–1909.