Supporting the museum
The aim of the Friends of the Sinebrychoff Art Museum is to, among other things, support the museum through expanding the museums art collections. The association also hosts a number of events that include trips, excursions, concerts and presentations in connection to the exhibitions, which further help support the museum.
The newsletters can be found on the Finnish and Swedish portions of the page.
As a member you have the opportunity to participate in the associations exclusive members only program. Information about the events along with instructions for registration are sent to all members in the newsletters.
Classical concert at the museum 1.2.
Celloconcert in the museums Empire room.
Theater: Pappan, at Svenska Teatern 5.2.
Member of the board of the Friends of the Sinebrychoff Art Museum, Riko Eklundh takes us on a tour of the theater followed by the play Pappan.
As a member you get
- the chance to attend membership events organized by the friend association
- invites to the museums exhibition openings
- free admission to the Sinebrychoff Art Museum
- newsletters and invitations to events organized by the friend association
- discounts in all of the Finnish National Gallery’s museum shops and online shop
- to choose if you would like the material in Finnish or in Swedish
Become a member
- Yearly membership 40 €
- Lifetime membership 600 €
- Supporting membership 100 €
- Youth membership 25 €
Trips and excursions
Holland and Belgium: Bruges, Ghent, Antwerp and Maastricht 6-10.3.2020
During the trip we got to see the cities architecture and cultural attractions. The main destination of the trip was The European Fine Art Fair (TEFAF).
Italy: Venice 4.-7.4.2019
Destinations during the trip included palaces, churches and cultural attractions in the region, such as Palazzo Contarini della Porta di Ferro, Palazzo Marin and Basilica dei Frari.
Sweden: Stockholm and the lake Mälaren region 9.–12.8.2018
Destinations around lake Mälaren were the castles Ängsö, Grönsö, Tidö and Sturehof. In Stockholm we visited the Royal Palace and the Drottningholm Palace Theater.
Italy: Genoa 18.–22.10.2017
During the trip we visited Palazzo Spinola National Gallery, Palazzo Reale (Royal Palace) and the church Santissima Annunziata del Vastato, among others.
Spain: Madrid and Toledo 5.–11.9.2016
During the trip we got to see the cities art treasures and architecture. Destinations included: the chapel Santo Thomé, Museo de Romantismo and the palace El Pardo.
Italia: Veneto 2.–6.9.2015 (repeated 13.–17.4.2016)
On the trips we got the chance to deepen our knowledge of the areas rich cultural heritage with the help of the director of the Sinebrychoff Art Museum, PhD Kirsi Eskelinen.
Sweden: Skåne 24–25.5.2014
During the trip we visited many castles and monasteries in Southern Sweden. Destinations included: the Torup castle, the Krageholm castle, the Sövdeborg castle and Öved monastery.
Russia: Saint Petersburg 26–28.4.2013
In Saint Petersburg we visited the Hermitage Museum’s furniture section. Other destinations included the Russian Museum, Petergof, the Gatchina Palaces and the Mariinsky Theatre.
Sweden: Stockholm 9–10.11.2012
During the friend associations first trip abroad we visited the Hallwyl Museum, National Museum, Waldemarsudde and the Grand Antiques fair in Nordiska Museet.
During the visits we have been hosted by the owners of the manors
- Hakoinen and Wanantaka manors 12.9.2021
- Orisberg manor, the Old church in Isokyrö, Tikanoja arthome ja Kuntsi museum of modern art 25.-26.5.2019
- Nordenlund and Virtaa manors and the old manor 26.5.2018
- Riilahti and Lindö manors 6.5.2017
- Järvikylä, Örnevik and Frugård manors 21.5.2016
- Åminne and Paddais manors 9.5.2015
- Tjusterby manor and the Heinola museum 6.9.2014
- Malmgård and Kulla manors 14.9.2013
- Stenböle and Tervik manors 26.5.2012
Chairman of the Friends of the Sinebrychoff Art Museum is Mats Welin. Other members are vice-chairman Susanna Serlachius, Arthur Aminoff, Riko Eklundh, Ilona Ervasti-Vaintola, Kari-Paavo Kokki, Eva Liljeblom, Roland Möller, Anri (Tini) Peterzens-Nysten and Jari Saine.
Secretary Siri Helenelund
+358 (0)45 106 8484 Mondays between 16.00–18.00
Friends of the Sinebrychoff Art Museum
00120 Helsinki, Finland